Saturday, 28 July 2012

The Leadership of Muhammad, by John Adair

I had great expectations for this book after listening to a talk by the speaker introducing it and also receiving recommendations from friends who had read it before me. Reading it however I couldn't help feel a little disappointed. It's a small book (this I knew before I bought it) and even then the mention of The Prophet Muhammad and his examples of leadership are few and far between. Each chapter (there are eight) takes one concept of leadership exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad and elaborates on why it is important and how particularly it ties to the Bedouin/Arabian society that the Prophet Muhammad found himself in. Overall, great idea for a book and not a bad book, but not quite living up to its potential (and my expectation).

No comments: