Saturday 28 July 2012

Book Review: The Leadership of Muhammad, by John Adair

I had high expectations for this book after listening to a talk by the speaker introducing it and after receiving recommendations from friends who had read it before me. Reading it, however, I couldn't help feel a little disappointed. It's a small book (this I knew before I bought it) and, even then, the mention of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) and his examples of leadership are few and far between. Each chapter (there are eight) takes one concept of leadership exemplified by Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), elaborates on why it is important and explains how it ties to the Bedouin/Arabian society that Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) lived within. Overall, a great idea for a book and not a bad book, but not quite living up to its potential and my expectation.

No comments: