- Some things to try improve upon this Ramadhan: prayer (increasing Khushoo/attentiveness, avoiding distractions etc), modesty (lowering gaze etc), dhikr (increasing time spent in the remembrance of Allah).
- Ramadhan: A month of *sacrifice*? Better word is *deposit*. Or better yet: *investment*.
- Ramadhan is the month of training.
- The only thing that belongs to you is your good deeds. The money that you give in charity is a part of you, forever.
- Charity brings success. You will find much such advice in many self-help business-manuals (written by non-religious authors).
- Iftaar: Invite the poor to join you. Serve others before yourself when eating. Keep refilling others' plates without them having to request it.
Saturday, 30 August 2008
JIMAS - Quotes for Ramadhan
Some quotes for Ramadhan taken from various talks during last weekend's JIMAS conference: